Rose Hill Accessibility Plan 2016
This plan identifies how the school meets the needs of disabled pupils in response to the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Code of Practice 2014:0 to 25 years.
Definitions of SEND
‘A child or young person has SEN if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for him or her.
A child of compulsory school age or a young person has a learning difficulty or a disability if he or she:
- has significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age or
- has a disability which prevents or hinders him or her making use of facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools or colleges.’
- (SEND code of Practice 2014)
The Accessibility Plan should be read in conjunction with
- The LA admissions policy.
- The School Prospectus.
- The Equality and Diversity Policy.
- The Behaviour Policy.
- The Special Educational Needs policy.
- The School Offer.
The action plan below identifies key activities that will take place to ensure that the school becomes increasingly accessible for pupils with disabilities.
|· The school building is fully accessible for pupils with physical difficulties.
· The outside play areas are flat and almost completely accessible to wheelchair users
· There is a toilet for disabled pupils.
· The school has 2 resource bases.
· Makaton signing is used to support learning.
· The school is well-equipped with a range of learning aids and specific equipment.
· The Learning Mentor supports a range of vulnerable pupils and their families.
· Recent training has taken place in SEND, ADHD, and dyslexia and there are a high number of trained first aiders.
|To ensure that staff are trained to support pupils with emotional needs.
|Staff are supported by BSS.
All the staff are trained every 3 years in TEAMTeach and new staff attend sessions at other schools.
|To ensure that all staff have a clear understanding of the SEND Code of Practice 2014||Audit to be carried out by SENCO and further training if necessary.||Staff Meeting time||CB|
|To ensure all staff are using restorative approaches.
|Monitoring of behaviour and circle time planning.||Ongoing practise and discussion||JC
|To ensure staff are trained to support pupils with medical conditions.
|Update staff training annually in
and as required in other specific conditions.
Update Medical Conditions policy annually and ensure annual parents return is gathered.